The Rotational Management Program exposes you to our end-to-end process and shows you how we deliver brand-right, high-quality, on trend product that our customers value while you gain invaluable skills through hands-on experiences at our Gap Inc. brands. As a RMP trainee, you’ll begin the program knowing which of the core product functions you will be placed into upon graduation - Inventory Management, Merchandising or Production. You will spend a portion of the program rotating through each function and building general management proficiencies and an understanding of cross-functional processes. You’ll learn about product creation, the assortment process, sales forecasting, inventory planning, vendor development, manufacturing, quality, fit and fabric. You’ll be exposed to the commercial offering practices of seasonal product strategies, conduct competitive analysis, and land product pricing. In addition to ownership of day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll get classroom training and assigned special projects that allow you to directly influence the business and interact with senior leaders. The positions are:
Inventory Management Analyst- provides support in developing, executing and communicating strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the objectives of a division.
Assistant Merchandiser- helps to develop and execute compelling product assortments to meet or exceed financial goals and customer/market expectations.
Assistant Production Manager- responsible for the execution and communication of a departmental global production strategy.
Are you passionate about being a part of this amazing experience? We are looking for people who are flexible enough to adapt as our business changes. During the 9+ month program, you’ll get a set of goals, a structured training plan, ongoing coaching and feedback, plus executive support and mentorship. This full-time position, with training and placement opportunities in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York City, also offers a competitive salary and benefits. The knowledge and business insight gained in RMP positions you to launch a robust career in retail at Gap Inc.
After successfully completing the program, you will be placed into a full-time position in your function of Inventory Management, Merchandising or Production at one of our Gap Inc. brands.
- A 4-year degree or equivalent Gap Inc. work experience is required.
- All majors are welcome to apply. A GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
- For full-time internal applicants, a Manager Reference Form should be uploaded with the application. Part-time and seasonal employees do not need one.
- Additionally all Gap Inc. full-time employees are required to be in their positions for 1 year and meet Gap Inc.’s Performance Standard.
- Passionate and motivated about working for a global brand in the fashion industry.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as a strong point of view, initiative, adaptability and interpersonal savvy.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking capabilities as well as financial acumen.
- Global, creative thinker with the learning agility and curiosity for understanding our customers and brands.
- Customer-oriented with a perspective about product assortment and business opportunities.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a strong work ethic with a desire to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Perseverance to manage through challenges and ambiguity.
- Effective collaboration with peers and teams.
- Persuasive presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Organization with effective prioritization and flexibility, and an ability to execute with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
Full Time / Salary
GAP Inc. | New York, NY | San Fransisco, CA
Interested candidates should apply through the link below: