We are looking for an Events Specialist to support and execute key customer events in the NY region. The position is on the Sales Activation team and responsible for the Levi Strauss Americas (LSA) commercial teams ability to effectively sell Levi’s®, Dockers®, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™ and Denizen® wholesale products. The focus will be in New York but the person will also support events across the region.
The Event Specialist is a support role to deliver a high standard of customer service and event coordination. Candidates must have at least three years of experience in events and/or hospitality, but also have a passion for the apparel industry. We’re looking for someone that is even-tempered, patient, and extremely tactful but friendly/sociable. Strong customer service and excellent guest event experience is highly desired. Candidates must thrive in a fast paced, non-linear, and collaborative team environment. Please possess advanced written and verbal communication skills and be able to work efficiently.
Coordinate event deliverables timely and within budget for NY Market Events:
- Post and troubleshoot daily showroom schedules for customer appointments
- Greet and expedite customers to their appointments.
- Coordinate showroom catering for customer meetings.
- Support Brand teams with their facilities and logistic needs for brand displays
- Support and troubleshoot showroom meeting needs (AV, room Set Up)
- Place event collateral and distribute event gifts
- Support Showroom Specialist with commercial sample line set up at peak times
Coordinate NY Showroom Models for Sales:
- Coordinate men’s and women’s model castings and fittings
- Schedule models for customer meetings based on showroom schedule
- Estimate total model spend and pay model invoices
- During NY Market, dress models and expedite into customer meetings as scheduled
Support Other NY deliverables as needed:
- Maintain brand asset closets, keeping them orderly
- Coordinate local, small trade show events with Sr. Manager as needed.
- Help with other NY events as needed (catering, room set up, building access, etc.)
- Support other Non-NY based deliverables as needed:
- Coordinate Event logistics for off-site events as needed, including but not limited to rooming, transportation, event registration, catering.
- Provide on-site logistics support for other corporate meetings and events (travel required) including room set ups, shipping / transportation, and other banquet services.
- Process event payments (using SAP for POs and/or Credit Card reimbursement)
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a focus in hospitality, marketing or communications.
- 3-5 years of experience in the meeting, event, hospitality industry or related.
- Passion for customer service and events a must. Passion for Apparel industry a plus.
- CMP accreditation or pursuing CMP preferred.
- Advanced written and verbal communication and collaboration skills and can work with all levels.
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in and interest in using Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things quickly.
- Willing to work weekends and early mornings.
- Travel (15-20%)
Full Time / Salary
Levi Strauss & Co. | New York, NY
Interested candidates should apply through the link below: