Overview: Supports the Merchandiser in the seasonal merchandising process, from concept to delivery, by coordinating fresh, trend-appropriate assortments that meet customer needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Assist with assortment plans for merchandise category and channel, by delivery; update and maintain seasonal line lists, including style numbers, pricing, brand, delivery and customer, where appropriate.
- Perform analysis, as directed, on product performance, market conditions and feedback from customers; contribute to regular reports for Director of Merchandising and VP; identify and suggest opportunities based on analysis.
Operations & Results
- Assist Merchandiser in coordinating with design, production and sales to ensure adherence to time-and-action calendar and timely delivery of goods; identify and track quality and technical issues and raise to Merchandiser.
- Assist in presentation of line to supervisors; attend and keep detailed notes of review meetings, including edits, board review, pre-costing, line reviews, adoption and post-season reviews.
Customers & Relationships
- Assist in communication and follow-up with internal and external constituents around the world, including customers, suppliers, vendors and licensors, where applicable; take direction to perform problem solving tasks as needed.
- Assist Merchandiser and sales to merchandise and style showroom; take direction from Merchandiser and brand management, where applicable, on follow-up for in-store collateral needs.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1 - 3 years experience and/or training in merchandising or buying.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
- Creativity, sensibility for merchandising and customer needs.
Full Time / Salary
Global Brands Group, 350 5th Avenue | 6th floor | New York, NY 10118
Interested candidates should send resumes to Jenna Liss at JennaLiss@globalbrandsgroup.com