Overview: Contributes to the seasonal production process by assisting with the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders and by ensuring the timely delivery of quality, profitable goods.
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval.
Operations and Results
- Partner with Design and Merchandising to ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Enter and maintain updates for each style in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives; perform daily tracking of goods on order, in progress (WIP) and in-transit to ensure timely delivery according to development calendar; create and distribute production status report; follow-up with vendors, factories and design/merchandising as needed.
- Partner with merchandisers to confirm accuracy of size breaks, tickets, and item information in PLM system; enter data into approved vendor matrix, with costing and production capacity portfolio.
- Create, revise, input and maintain production orders and monitor transmission to factories; file and maintain records of purchase orders (POs); receive and track all pre-production samples and stock deliveries.
- Maintain fabric/trim library, in partnership with Design; maintain product development logs, trim inventory/liability inventory, and production archives library; track non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors, where appropriate.
- Observe and assist with fit process; keep detailed notes; adhere to and enforce production standards set by GBG.
- Provide general administrative support to the team as needed.
Customers & Relationships
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 - 3 years experience in apparel production and sourcing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers.
- Basic knowledge of garment manufacturing, including construction, fabrication, trim and print techniques.
Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous.
Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising/design.
Full Time / Salary
Global Brands Group, 350 5th Avenue | 6th floor | New York, NY 10118
Interested candidates should send resumes to Jenna Liss at JennaLiss@globalbrandsgroup.com