Overview: Assist in interpreting the brand/label’s direction into materials, trims, styles, colors and patterns.
- Assist in the design of exclusive products and development of trends that support merchant objectives and Macy’s brand.
- Prepare line and presentation materials/set-up for line previews and buy meetings.
- Assist in identifying specific materials, color palettes, patterns and prints for the season.
- Support DVP of Design, Design Manager/Designer in managing the needs of the Design Team.
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
- Assist in shopping the retail and trend (fabric/color/fashion) markets seeking new merchandise ideas, as needed.
- Assist in creating and distributing fabric development packages.
- Assist in creating and distributing color cards, trim cards and pattern development sheets.
- Assist in developing flat mechanical sketches for design development packages (to technical design and overseas.)
- Create and distribute design development Package components.
- Assist in selecting styles, materials and colors that fit into the program and style plans.
- Work with artists in developing print and pattern designs.
- Assist in reviewing development samples.
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendars.
- Communicate regularly with product management to share line development direction.
- Assist in the tracking and approval of fabric samples, lab dips, strike-offs and other development materials.
- Assist in approval of counter samples.
- Participate in fit sessions.
- Communicate on a daily basis with overseas offices.
- Attend training sessions.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Bachelors in Design or Fine Arts.
- 0-3 years of industry experience.
- Proficiency in PC operation, MS office and Excel
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator software
- Strong color sense / print sense
- Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum
- Team Player
- Presentation and organizational skills
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Full Time / Salary
Macy’s Herald Square, New York City
Interested candidates should send resumes Felicia Podberesky email@example.com