Overview: Responsible for the design, development, selection, and approval of materials, trims, silhouettes, colors and patterns for area of responsibility. Responsible for a specific classification or area.
Design and Trend Research:
- Work with Design Manager/Designer on development and execution of product designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchandise objectives.
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
- Assist in interpreting seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility.
- Produce cohesive product presentations, including boards, tear sheets and samples to help sell concepts to merchants.
- Prepare line and presentation material for line previews and buy meetings including color boards, concept boards, print and story boards.
- Ensure designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction.
- Partner with Product Manager in set-up and presenting to divisions at line previews and buy meetings for area of responsibility.
- Shop the retail market seeking new merchandise/trend ideas.
- Shop the trend market seeking design inspiration (materials, fashion, color, trade shows) as needed.
- Interpret specific color palettes, patterns and prints for the season.
- Select and approves style, materials, trims and colors that fit into the program and style plans
- Responsible for creating and distributing fabric development packages.
- Responsible for creating and distributing color cards & pattern development sheets.
- Develop flat mechanical sketches for design development packages and request development samples
- Responsible for tracking and approving labs dips, fabric samples, strike-offs and other development materials
- Compile design development packages and distribute to technical design and over for sampling.
- Review development samples.
- Prepare line and presentation material for line previews and buy meetings, including color/concept boards, print boards and may include story boards.
- Partner with Product Manager in set-up and presenting to customers divisions at line reviews and buy meetings for area of responsibility.
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility.
- Modify the product line based on MMG and customer input.
- Assist in identifying the key programs that comprise each classification.
- Communicate regularly with product management to gather input and share line development direction.
- Communicate on a daily basis with overseas offices to share line development direction.
- Attend fit sessions.
- Select and approve materials, patterns and colors.
- Use CAD programs for style, color and pattern development.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Bachelors in Design or Fine Arts.
- 2-5 years of industry experience.
- Proficiency in PC operation, MS office and Excel
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator software
- Strong color sense / print sense
- Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum
- Team Player
- Presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines.
- Demostrated creative ability
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Full Time / Salary
Macy’s Herald Square, New York City
Interested candidates should send resumes Felicia Podberesky email@example.com