- NPD is one of the nation’s leading market research providers in the world. We offer competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and many of the world’s largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
The Account Specialist handles all day-to-day servicing, assists with project management, is responsible for building relationships and providing insights to Footwear and Accessories manufacturers. Conducts ongoing report delivery, building and delivering presentations and helping to manage client revenue. S/he will be exposed to our client’s business issues and strategies with the expectation that s/he will gain a working knowledge of the Fashion Footwear and Accessories industry, our clients, and the NPD tools and capabilities that will aid the client development team in proactively identifying opportunities and solutions that will enhance the client relationship.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
- Manage day-to-day account responsibilities such as data access, training on tools, and addressing questions on methodology. Respond to and resolve client identified issues and/or business needs
- Achieve/exceed revenue goals for select accounts and assist in growing revenue for others, by recognizing and exploring opportunities for client to leverage additional services or products
- Develop and execute account plans; understand the client's organization and their strategies, objectives and challenges; identify and recommend application of NPD data and insights to meet those objectives
- Proactively search for interesting data trends and provide analysis to existing clients
- Independently seek out resources within the client and NPD to help resolve client issues
- Assist in troubleshooting data quality issues using the client's internal systems to validate NPD data
- Build knowledge of the Footwear and Accessories industries and related categories
- 2-5+ years of experience in marketing research or analytics (POS, consumer, custom and/or syndicated research), experience in fashion industry knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with POS/consumer panel data to generate impactful and engaging analyses and presentations
- Bachelor's degree. Education in Marketing, Market Research, Merchandising or Pyschology preferred.
- Strong analytical and writing ability- demonstrated capability to digest diverse data sets and aggregate them into cohesive and succinct stories.
- A passion for leveraging quantitative research to address real world questions Basic presentation skills.
- Proven ability to quickly learn proprietary software/database applications Strong attention to detail.
- Expert in all MS Office products- Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Willingness to travel (typically 10%)
*NPD is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
The world around us is changing. Retail is in a state of major transition, and consumers have more options than ever. As a leading provider of global information and advisory services, NPD is at the forefront of helping our clients, the world’s biggest brands and retailers understand and profit from these changes.
Since 1966, we have been helping businesses track industry trends and understand their customers in order to get the right products in the right places for the right people at the right prices. We serve more than a dozen industries including consumer electronics, entertainment, fashion, food / foodservice, toys, video games, and more.
We want to lead manufacturers and retailers on collaborating via the effective use of our information in line reviews and joint business planning.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known fashion companies in the world. This integral member of the Commercial team will report directly to the Director. You will support the revenue growth within our accounts to ensure continued growth and profitability. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, and have an interest in fashion trends, this job is for you.
The job will be split between the NYC and Port Washington Long Island Office. Please send resumes and cover letters to Meghan Crane - Meghan.Crane@npd.com