Introduction to the fundamentals of Design. During the internship, you will gain experience by working directly with Designers and their team to create a new collection from start to finish. Engage in a dynamic creative process.
- Overview of the design process from initial line plans to finished product.
- Understand the beginning concepts behind merchandising a collection, the balance of timing, trend best sellers and inherent value of each style.
- Learn the basics of working with sewing room and pattern technicians to create new styles.
- Experience sourcing of multiple fabrications, trim and applications.
- Assist design team in executing line development.
- Sample and source fabrics and trims. Follow up with vendors.
- Test new prototypes for approval.
- Coordinate with sewing/cutting room.
- Sketch as needed.
- Research trends online as needed.
- Photoshop/Illustrator skills a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college / university.
- Internships are unpaid and the student must be able to receive academic credit.
- Must be able to provide proof of academic credit. Before applying, please confirm with your Internship Center.
We will be accepting applications through May 1st and will conduct rolling interviews from April 3rd to May 1st.
Dates of the Internship Program are June 5th- August 11th (flexible with school schedules).
Interested candidates can send resumes or inquiries to email@example.com