As a prospective scholar, the first step to joining our community of future leaders of fashion is to compete in the Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Study competition. Divided into four disciplines of design & product development, merchandising & marketing, analytics, or supply chain disciplines, the FSF case study challenges students of many backgrounds to solve problems facing today's fashion industry.
FSF CASE STUDY COMPETITION
ABOUT the FSF CASE STUDY COMPETITION
We are pleased to announce that we have increased the Fashion Scholarship Fund award tiers.
FSF NON FINALISTS: scholars who are not select as 2020 finalists stand to win either $5,000 to $10,000 based on their score
FSF FINALISTS: eight finalists chosen based on top scoring cases will receive awards up to $35,000
1. Scholarships are solely merit based. The Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF) is looking for the “best and brightest” students who are driven to work in the fashion industry either in a creative or business capacity.
2. An applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student for the Fall 2019 semester at an FSF member school. The full list of member schools can be found under the Member Schools tab on this site.
3. Minimum overall G.P.A. of 3.20 in a 4.00 G.P.A. system.
4. Sophomores, juniors and seniors are eligible to compete. Please note, Fall 2019 freshmen are not eligible.
5. Seniors graduating mid-year, December 2019 or January 2020 may compete.
6. Students meeting the eligibility requirements above are encouraged to reapply for the FSF Scholarship each year.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Chance to win a scholarship award up to $35,000
Scholarship money can be applied to any educational expense such as tuition, summer housing for an internship, study abroad program, etc.
Scholarship winners are invited to attend the annual Awards Gala on Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 in New York City, attended by the FSF Board of Governors and other industry executives. Complimentary hotel and travel reimbursements provided.
Each scholarship recipient is invited to join the FSF Mentor Program and may select an industry mentor during the year of the award.
Winners will have access to internship opportunities through FSF partner companies.
Winners join the FSF Alumni Association to grow their professional network.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you meet all eligibility criteria, contact the FSF Educator contact at your school (found on the Member Schools page of the site) for log in details.
FSF CASE COMPETITION TIMELINE
MARCH 2019: 2020 FSF Case Study prompt published to Educators
OCTOBER 7, 2019: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT COMPLETED FSF CASE STUDY
DECEMBER 2019: Eight FSF finalists are shared with Educators; Educators have one week to submit any objections to the selection based on the scholar's academic standing; Once finalists and non-finalists are announced, finalists prepare a power point presentation for their final presentation to the FSF Board in January; travel arrangements are made for all winners to come out to NYC for the Awards Gala
JANUARY 2020: Eight FSF finalists present their case study to a prestige panel of industry leaders, with winners announced at the FSF Annual Awards Gala on the 8th in NYC; Career Expo and other educational programming hosted for scholars during their visit to NYC
MARCH 2020: Mentoring program begins for the class of 2020 scholars
MAY 2020: Internship placement is completed by the end of May
JUNE 2020: Summer Kickoff Party on June 13th is the launch of the FSF 2020 Summer Experience in NYC