In this year's case study, you will explore how the weaving together of digital technology with offline shopping can improve the performance of a fashion retailer of your choice. Click below to view a list of our frequently asked questions as further support during the application process.
CASE STUDY COMPETITION FAQ
What is the judging criteria for the $5,000 case study competition?
You will be judged on the depth and relevance of your research (30% of score), the creativity and feasibility of your ideas (50% of score) and the clarity with which you portray both (15% of score). Following format directions will account for the remaining 5% of your score. Your case will be judged by industry professionals including the YMA FSF Board of Governors, YMA FSF Mentors, and YMA FSF Alumni. They will be using the following criteria to score your case:
• Has the scholar completed exhaustive research on best-in-class market players and their retailer of choice in order to successfully fulfill the objective at hand?
• Has the scholar acknowledged any instances in which their idea (or something close to) has been executed in the past, and whether it was successful?
• Does the scholar display strong business acumen and common sense?
CREATIVITY & FEASIBILITY (50%)
• Is the scholar’s idea unique, inspiring and innovative?
• Is the scholar’s idea well-thought-out and conceivably executable?
• Has the scholar clearly completed each portion of their prompt?
• Does the scholar’s case follow logical development and a clear structure; is it easy to follow and summarize?
• Has the scholar followed all formatting directions, 1" margins on all 4 sides, double spaces, size 12pt Times Roman font?
• Has the scholar used correct grammar and spelling?
• Has the scholar included a title page with one sentence to summarize the case?
• Was the student's name and school was kept anonymous?
When is the case study due?
The completed case study is due October 16, 2017.
Have a question about the 2018 FSF Case Study Competition? Inquire below!